- This time I made Strawberry Cake Balls for my husbands solo art opening. You can see his work here.
- Trust me they are delicious.
- Here are the steps to make them:
2. Let cool.
3. Break the cake in a medium sized bowl. I use a Mix and Chop from Pampered Chef to do this part.
4. Add 1 container of frosting. I used strawberry frosting, but you could use vanilla if you'd prefer.
5. I used a Medium Scoop from Pampered Chef to scoop the mix up to make 1/2 balls.
6. Put in the freezer for at least an hour.
7. Melt Almond Bark or Candy Melts in a double boiler slowly.
8. Get the cake mix out of the freezer, wash your hands, roll the 1/2 balls in the palm of your hand to as close to perfect balls as you can.
9. Dip them into the melted chocolate.
10. Place them on a sheet of waxed paper.
11. Let cool.
12. Trim off excess of chocolate with kitchen shears to put back into the double boiler.
13. Touch up uncovered spots with the melted chocolate.
14. Freeze or just put in a covered container.
**If you want them on a stick, you can buy sucker sticks at any craft store. Dip the tip of the stick in the candy melt. Place the stick into the cake ball and dip it. Lightly tap it on the side of the pan. I found it very helpful to have a fake flower Styrofoam block to stick the sticks into. This makes them set up so much easier.