Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Recipe I Use for Chocolate Chip Cookies

  • I used this recipe for the previous post.
  • I love that these cookies contain oatmeal!
  • It's the recipe my mom used when I was growing up.
Start:
  1. Preheat the oven to 375 Degrees.
Cream the following together:
  1. 1/2 pound butter
  2. 1 cup white sugar
  3. 1 cup brown sugar
Add:
  1. 1 teaspoon vanilla
  2. 1/2 teaspoon salt
  3. 1 teaspoon baking soda
  4. 1 teaspoon baking powder
Blend in:
  1. 2 cups flour
  2. 2 1/2 cups oatmeal
  3. 12 ounce chocolate chips (I have replaced the chocolate chips with cherry chips, or used both. This is really good and different.)
  4. 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
Finish:
  1. Bake until light brown.
  2. Place on a cooling rack when they've hardened up a little.
  3. They taste good warm (out of the oven), room temperature and cold (we sometimes freeze them).

No comments: