- I made these and they were pretty good.
- They sort of taste like brownies.
- I wanted to make something that could be decorated, but was different from sugar cookies.
- Overall I like them, but I have to admit they are a bit sticky when rolling them out. I sprayed my hand and the roller with flour spray. That seemed to help.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 10 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Cream butter or margarine and sugar until light and fluffy; add eggs, one at a time, beating well. Mix in the vanilla. Combine flour, cocoa powder and baking powder; add and mix well. Wrap dough in waxed paper and chill for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Divide dough in half. Roll out each half to 1/4 inch thick. Cut with desired shaped cookie cutters. Place on lightly greased cookie sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes.